An exciting job opportunity at Globe Theatre
*APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED to August 18th
Globe Theatre is a dynamic theatre company that is usually located in a beautiful historic building in downtown Regina. Currently Globe Theatre’s building is undergoing extensive renovations, which means we are ‘hopping around’ to various office, construction shops, and performances venues around Regina for the next season.
Globe Theatre is looking for a Head of Wardrobe to oversee the procurement of costumes for Globe’s productions. Additionally, this is an exciting time for all of us at Globe as we will be moving back into our completely renovated building in late spring 2024 -- this is your chance to help set up a brand-new wardrobe shop!
Globe is a theatre where every member of the staff is focused on the art and where each person’s contribution is honored and valued. The successful candidate will be skilled, knowledgeable, flexible, keen to learn, and a team player.
Job Description: Head of Wardrobe
In addition to having superior interpersonal, communication, project coordination, and exceptional problemsolving skills, the Theatre expects the HEAD OF WARDROBE to:
- Coordinate the purchasing, borrowing, and construction of costumes for Globe productions
- Preference given to those individuals who possess excellent cutting and pattern-making skills
- Preference given to those individuals who possess excellent sewing skills
- Work with designers to realize their designs in conjunction the Director of Production, Technical Director and shows’ directors
- Maintain a high quality of workmanship, achieving the attention to detail that each costume requires
- Adhere to all budget guidelines as determined by the Director of Production and Technical Director
- Order supplies, materials, and equipment required for construction and maintenance of costumes
- Arrange and oversee casual labour as required, including wardrobe maintenance staff, dressers, stitchers/cutters
- Work with stage management teams to manage fittings
- Adhere to all schedules and deadlines as determined by the Technical Director
- Adhere to Globe Theatre’s Personnel Policy
- Adhere to all aspects of the Collective Agreement between Globe Theatre and I.A.T.S.E. Local 295
- Preference will be given to qualified IATSE 295 members
The qualified candidate should possess a valid driver’s license. Access to a vehicle is an asset (millage will be compensated).
The Head of Wardrobe is a seasonal position, averaging approximately 9-10 months per year. For our 2023- 2024 season, the dates of employment are:
- September 17, 2023-March 31, 2024 (except December 17- December 30), 2023)
- April 28, 2024-June 29, 2024, though a later start date could be considered for the right candidate.
Wage: $28.17 per hour as per IATSE 295 Collective Bargaining Agreement with a minimum 35 hours per week for the dates listed above. Globe offers a competitive benefits package, including health/dental and matching RRSPs
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should email a letter of interest, resume, and references to: Kenilee Kehler, Director of Production
Applications close on Monday, August 18th, 2023.
We thank all candidates for their submissions though only individuals selected for an interview will be contacte
Costume Designer: Rebecca Donison
Show: Holdin' On To What's Golden by Skyler Anderson & Greg Ochitwa