Theatre School Associates
Job Type: Full-Time, Temporary Employment, 8-week contract
Term: First week of July - August 31st, 2022
Application Deadline: June 24th, 2022
The Globe Theatre School is seeking five (5) Assistants to work closely with Theatre School administration and sessional instructors over the summer. These are eight-week positions funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Grant and therefore applicants must be under 30 years old.
We are searching for associates with a diversity of experience who are passionate about the arts with a particular interest in live theatre. Associates will have varying responsibilities, but report to the Theatre School Director. They will also support sessional instructors and often be working in a team.
The ideal candidates will have experience in an extracurricular class or camp setting (bonus if you have been an instructor); enjoy working with youth of all ages and experience levels; have a passion for the arts; thrive in a collaborative environment; be able to think on their feet and problem solve on the fly; enjoy the creative process; ability to work independently; and be able to manage both creative and administrative tasks.
Job responsibilities will vary but include:
- Being in a classroom and supporting facilitation
- Supporting the delivery of summer curriculum
- Administrative tasks around the facilitation of summer programs
- Teaching the curriculum
- Supporting the Theatre School Director in multiple programs (camps, workshops, etc.)
- Supporting the development of a collaborative theatre piece
- Participation in a collaborative theatre piece
The Globe Theatre School is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage and welcome applications from members of equity-deserving communities and priority groups.
We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and provide support and accommodation in the application process to applicants who request it. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to email email@example.com.
How To Apply:
- Please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 24th, 2022
- Applications should include your resume and either a one-page letter of interest or two-minute video which outlines your excitement and why you want to be part of the team.