About Globe Theatre
Globe Theatre is a dynamic theatre company is usually located in a beautiful historic building in downtown Regina. Currently, Globe Theatre’s building is undergoing extensive renovations, which means we are ‘hopping around’ to various office, construction shops, and performances venues around Regina for the next 1.5 years. Globe is a theatre where every member of the staff is focused on the art and where each person’s contribution is honored and valued. The successful candidate will be skilled, knowledgeable, flexible, keen to learn and a team player. A sense of humor is a definite asset.
Globe Theatre is looking for a Head of Scenic Carpentry to oversee all set building elements for productions produced and presented by the Theatre. The individual in this position must enjoy working collaboratively. In addition to having superior interpersonal, communication, project coordination, and problem solving skills, the Theatre expects the Head of Scenic Carpentry to:
- Maintain a high quality of workmanship, achieving the attention to detail that each constructed set element requires
- Work with the Technical Director to create construction drawings and build schedule for all scenic elements. Knowledge of how to use AutoCAD or Vectorworks, an asset.
- Ensure the safety of the workplace by adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures
- Ensure the safety of the performers by taking responsibility for any rigging as it applies to set elements.
- Work with designers to realize their designs in conjunction with the Technical Director, Director of Production and Directors.
- Construct set elements upon approval of Technical Director.
- Review cost and labour design breakdowns for set elements to determine whether presented designs are feasible based on time, staffing and budget and where appropriate, make recommendations to the Technical Director.
- Adhere to all budget guidelines as determined by the Director of Production. • Order supplies, materials and equipment required
- Supervise all casual labour, students and volunteers assisting in set construction.
- Supervise and participate in the set-up and strike of the set in the theatre.
- Adhere to all schedules and deadlines as determined by the Technical Director.
- Repair set elements during performance runs as required.
- Adhere to Globe Theatre’s Personnel Policy
- Adhere to all aspects of the Collective Agreement between Globe Theatre and I.A.T.S.E. Local 295, including joining IATSE 295 if not already a member
- Preference will be given to qualified IATSE 295 member
For Globe Theatre’s 2022-2023 Season, the Head of Scenic Carpentry has full time weeks (minimum 35 hours per week -- $28.17 per hour) for the following dates only:
- Sunday September 25-Saturday, December 3, 2022;
- Sunday, January 15, 2023-Saturday, March 4, 2023; and
- Sunday, April 16 through Saturday, May 6, 2023.
How to Apply: