November 30th is Giving Tuesday.
What is Giving Tuesday?
GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement, taking place each year after Black Friday. The “Opening day of the giving season,” it’s a time when charities, companies and individuals join together and rally for favourite causes.
This season is more important than ever to non-profits, as we work hard to get back on track after 20 months of being shut down due to COVID-19.
How to get involved?
Of course we encourage those who can to participate with a monetary donation; however, there are many ways to get involved beyond that!
- Share Giving Tuesday social media posts so you can bring awareness of the day to your family and friends.
- Share a list of your favourite non-profits that others can donate to this giving season.
- If you aren't on social media, make it a goal to tell 5 friends about it!
Why donate to Globe Theatre?
When you donate to Globe Theatre, this is how you are helping:
- Inclusion: We work with varying groups within the city to provide inclusive programming. This past year we worked with the Autism Resource Centre to bring improv classes to those who might otherwise not be able to or not feel comfortable accessing our typical classes.
- Diversity: We strive to create a diverse workplace.We do this by actively hiring and training underrepresented communities through internships and mentorship programs. We also put a large focus on bringing culturally diverse works to the stage.
- Community: The Globe Theatre is an active member of our community. We provide free tickets to schools and youth groups to attend our works and also partner with other local charities to provide arts programming in our community.
Different ways to donate to Globe Theatre.
If you are in a position to donate this year and choose to donate to Globe Theatre, there are a few ways you can go about doing it.
- Donate Online: Visit this link to donate online:
- Donate by Mail: You can send a cheque made payable to Globe Theatre Society to:
- 500E - 2201 11th Ave | Regina, SK | S4P 0J8
- Donate your credit: We currently have over $150,000 in credit sitting in patrons' accounts after our shows got cancelled back in March 2020. This year, we are asking patrons to donate their credit to help us with our operational budget. If you have a credit with us and wish to donate it back, please email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 306.525.6400
We appreciate all of our patrons and supporters more than anything. Thank you for keeping Globe Theatre in mind this holiday season.
Love, The Globe Theatre Family